written in 1759
- Chapter 1 - How Candide Was Brought Up in a Magnificent Castle and How He Was
- Chapter 2 - What Happened to Candide among the Bulgarians
- Chapter 3 - How Candide Escaped from the Bulgarians and What Became of Him
- Chapter 4 - How Candide Found His Old Master Pangloss Again and What Happened to
- Chapter 5 - A Tempest, a Shipwreck, an Earthquake, and What Else Befell Dr.
Pangloss, Candide, and Jacques the Anabaptist
- Chapter 6 - How a Splendid Auto-Da-Fe was Held to Prevent Earthquakes, and How Candide was Flogged
- Chapter 7 - How the Old Woman Took Care Of Candide, and How He Found the
Object of His Love
- Chapter 8 - Cunegonde's Story
- ...the rest awaits.